Sunnydale Adventist Academy, a co-educational boarding secondary school, operated by the Iowa-Missouri Conference of Seventh-day Adventist, opened to students in 1946. Sunnydale provides a comprehensive educational program that includes spiritual, academic, and social development
Plans to establish a boarding academy were laid at a business meeting held in Jefferson City, Missouri, in 1945. The desire for a rural location where agriculture might furnish training and employment for students, and an invitation form the Centralia Chamber of Commerce, prompted the committee of 18, under the chairmanship of G. E. Hutches, to investigate the Centralia area. The committee closed a deal with A. Bishop Chance, founder of A. B. Chance Company of Centralia, to purchase his farm with equipment and livestock on October 18, 1945. After the erection of two three-story, redbrick dormitories, Sunnydale Academy opened on September 30, 1946, with Harvey C. Hartman as the first principal and an enrollment of 125. The administrative offices and classrooms were in the farm house and the hayloft of the barn was used for assembly and recreation purposes.
Sunnydale Adventist Academy is accredited by:
National Council for Private School Accreditation
Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
Accrediting Association of Seventh-day Adventist Secondary Schools